Monday, January 4, 2010

2 Months




Griffin turned two months old last week and as so far he's still growing like a weed, a chubby little weed.  


He is now interacting with us, and as it turns out, he's a funny little sprout.  We can tell that he's listening to our voices; it's so neat to catch him watching me as I am talking.  We're seeing him smile a little bit.  Although I think he's more frequently smiling with his eyes.  He's very expressive with his little face.  When he's excited his eyes will be as round as golf balls with his eye brows arching like (blonde) rainbows over them. 


One (of many) thing(s) that I'm proud of is how he's sleeping.  I am a lucky mom to have a son who lets me get a full night's sleep.  At his two month check-up Dr. S said that once a baby reaches 11 lbs he doesn't need to eat during the night anymore and should be ready to start sleeping 12 hours through the night.  TWELVE!!!  Griffin was already sleeping six to six and a half consistently.  He was also putting him self to sleep from being wide awake, which the doctor said was the hardest part.  We were instructed to put him down at 11 o'clock and not go into him  room until 7 or 8 the next morning.  (I realize that this may not sit well with some, but I trust my doctor)  This meant that Griffin would now be sleeping in his own room, instead of directly beside me in his bassinet, where I could see his precious little face with the street light that shines though our window.    The first night was a little rough for me and I kept asking Dave if we could just wait one more night.  I really hated a wall separating me from my little baby bird, but had to remember that this was better for all of us.  


That night he woke up around 6 and cried for a bit but went back to sleep, and he was fine when Dave went into his room around 7.  He did great for the rest of the week, and then we get to the last two nights.  He has slept for EIGHT hours for the past two nights!!!  I can't beat that.  Hopefully we can continue this trend; I hear that repetition is key.


I do feel so lucky to have Griffin as MY son.  He is such a wonderful little baby, and he makes me realize this more and more every single day.  I am so excited to watch this little baby grow into a little guy then into a bigger guy.


His two month info:
24" long--80 percentile
12 lb 3 oz--70 percentile
his head is in the 75 percentile.  
--So he is right on track to be taller than his Momma.




1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so excited for you, and I am very excited that little man is starting to look like a big MAN! Look at those thighs! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete