Monday, March 22, 2010

Score!


We went to a large consignment sale this weekend.  Griffin's wardrobe is a little sparse after the size that he's currently in so we were on the lookout for some warmer weather attire.

I am learning the awesomeness of consignment sales, seeing as babies only fit into things for a couple of months at a time.  Before having Griffin I had made the conscious decision to save as much money as I possibly can for as long as possibly  can .  I am only breastfeeding, I will be making most (if not all) of our baby food,  and I don't take Griffin out much, especially around other kids, to try to avoid sickness.  So it just didn't make sense to buy all new clothes every other month.

This particular sale was HUGE and I felt overwhelmed as soon as we entered.  Thank God for Dave.  He was a madman looking for good deals.  If I would have gone alone, I would have left with only a frown on my face.  But instead we got several great outfits, a couple of hats, a pair of nice shoes, and some toys.  Way to go Dave!

Dave pulled out two bags of wooden toys: one wooden train set and a large bag of blocks.  Woohoo!  Dave and I both remembered the blocks from our childhood.  The train set has alphabet letters that sit on top of the cars, and we figured that surely some pieces were missing, but it was still a fun set.  To our surprise we found ALL the pieces in perfect condition!

We may or may not have spent most of Saturday night playing with Griffin's toys while he slept.
Griffin may have a while before he's able to play with his stuff, but I don't think that's going to stop Dave and I from practicing...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristen,
    Great finds! Love the train!! If you need ideas on first foods, let me know as we have been making most of Elle's. Have a great one! Not sure if you saw the penguin on our blog! Thank you again, it is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete