Tuesday, March 30, 2010

5 Months

[click on image to enlarge]

Griffin may be slowing down a bit in the growing department.  He's been right at 16 pounds for a couple of weeks now.  His personality hasn't slowed down at all.  He is very much aware of every single thing going on around him.  He's quickly growing into his own little person.  

He finally cares about the dogs, especially Lucy.  He'll reach out for them when they're around, petting and pulling their fur.  He'll squeal at them if they're in sight.  Pretty soon he'll be chasing them around the house.  He really reaches for most everything:  my sandwich when I'm trying to eat, his toy that's he's pushed out of reach, himself in the mirror.  Oh, he loves his dad's beard.  I think I watch Dave melt as G rubs his face.

He's giggling at us now and I have a feeling my heart may explode once it turns into a full blown laugh.

He's not really mobile yet.  He's able to spin himself in a pretty wide circle and scoot a foot or two to the side.  The video shows a little of his current mobility.

G's doctor said that we could wait to start foods till six months, so that's what we're doing.  It will be fun to start feeding him, I know, but I'm not too sure how much I'm actually looking forward to it.  I feel like he'll be reaching a rite of passage once he starts eating.  Like he'll be transforming from my squishy baby who relies solely on me for nourishment to a little boy who eats food and (eventually) roams around on his own accord.   Gosh, why didn't I listen when people would say they grow so fast?  I'm thinking fast may be too much of an understatement.



This comparison made me choke.
1 week vs. 5 months

No comments:

Post a Comment