Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What is this fourth dimension?

Excited doesn't begin to describe how I'm feeling right now. 

As scheduled, our 4D ultrasound was today.  I am almost speechless as to how fascinating this was.  I am literally sitting here trying to figure out how to describe it, but I am drawing blanks.  Good thing there's pictures!

All four grandparents came to this appointment with us, and it was very nice to share this special occasion with everyone.  Pops came equiped with his camera and we can't wait to see what he captured.  We had a room full, but it was completely worth it. 

Griffin was quite the cooperative little bean sprout today.  Before we started the doctor explained that the ultrasound would be as good as the baby let it be, which made me a little nervous at first.  Then Griffin showed me that worrying is for the birds.  He left his face completely uncovered the entire time.  He showed us his little hands and even gave us a nice yawn. 

Dave's mom is pretty sure that Griffin has Dave's "Jeffers' nose."  I think I'd have to agree.  I also had an ultrasound yesterday to check to see if my gestational diabetes has affected him.  (hopefully Griffin won't have an extra foot from all the ultrasounds)  They told me that Griffin weighs 4lb 2 oz, and that is perfect for where he is.  The GD could cause him to gain extra fat if I don't control my blood sugars with my diet.  But so far, so good.  Yesterday I was also told by the miniature Bob Ross look-a-like doctor that he should gain about 1/4 to 1/2 a pound a week, so we're still on track for Griffin to be around 7 lbs.  We'll see...
 
I am so grateful that we were able to see him with such clarity before he gets out here.  It's also nice to take advantage of technology every once in a while.   I just can't wait to feel his little fingers wrap around mine.
On a side note, my normal Dr. B did not preform this ultrasound, instead a much younger quite handsome doctor did this one.  Sitting in the car after the appointment I looked at Dave and said, "He sure is a cutie."  Dave responded with, "Who are you talking about, the doctor or our baby?"  Hehe..."Well, our baby is cuter."

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! We had one done with Noah too and it is so amazing. Noah is 2 now and when I watch him sleep I think he still looks just like his 4d pics.

    ReplyDelete