Sunday, September 20, 2009

33 Weeks


Once again not much is new, just growing my waist line and my anxiousness.  I am blessed to feel pretty good now and I feel like we're (hopefully) smooth sailing here on out.  Thankfully the heat is gone, yet I consider the humidity my worst enemy.  I am hoping that the rain subsides soon and brings a nice cool Fall.  Sadly rain is in the forecast till my birthday, and that's NINE days away! 

I think I have a got a hang of my new diet.  Honestly it's a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.  I am allowed three full meals a day plus two snacks.  Basically I avoid all concentrated sweets: cokes, cakes, pies...However I was given permission to have a little cake at my baby showers.  The basic premise of the diet is to keep my blood sugars under a certain amount (120).  Once in the morning and then an hour after each meal I stick my finger and use my handy dandy blood-glucose meter to tell me my blood sugar level.  At each meal and snack I am given a basic guideline to follow to make sure that I'm not giving myself a sugar overload.  I've kind of made a game of trying to figure out what my level is going to be after I eat, and it's kind of neat watching how my body responds.  So far I haven't felt deprived of anything and I have even felt satisfied for longer periods of time because I am eating the right kinds of foods together.  Most likely I'll be continuing this diet after pregnancy, well....I may  probably will be taking a little break for Thanksgiving.

I had mentioned that when I met with the GD nurse they did a ultrasound to get all of Griffin's measurements to see if the GD had affected his size.  He weighed 4lb 2oz and is in the 30th percentile.  Like I had said, he's right where he needs to be.  His results put him on the small side of normal.  This was my biggest fear with the diabetes, now I really have no worries about this.

A while back I pulled out some of my baby pictures to try to imagine what Griffin would look like.  I then became aware that I had not ever seen a baby picture of Dave.  I had seen late elementary school pictures and I could remember him from middle and high school.  I had come up with my own mental image of what baby Dave looked like, and it was quite awkward.  With the 4D ultrasound, there was a bit of commotion that Griffin resembled Dave.  But here I was only being able to picture what Dave looks like now, just miniature.  Last night we were over at Dave's parents' talking about what Dave looked like as a baby, and then his Dad pulled out the slides from his birth.  I should say that I now feel guilty for the weird baby that I had pictured Dave to be; he was actually really cute!  And I can completely see that Griffin's going to look just like Dave.  Take a look!

I'm still in awe as to what we were able to see with the 4D ultrasound.  I don't think I'll get over that any time soon.  

At the end of this week we'll be heading to Charlotte, NC for the wedding of a very good friend.  I won't mind if Griffin comes a little early, but I really hope it's not the plan to come a month and a half early.  We've watched the YouTube video showing how to deliver a baby in a car, yet I don't think we are at all prepared for such a task. 


Updated belly collage.  Click to enlarge.

1 comment:

  1. just wondering for my own knowledge...how are you making the picture collages? lol I would love to make some in the future and was trying to figure out how...

    ReplyDelete