Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Few Thank Yous

I am rounding the corner of finishing my pregnancy; and I have been realizing my gratitude for several things and felt it necessary to be thankful for them. 
 
Jif Peanut Butter 
I think of this as my security blanket.  It can make me feel better when I am feeling my worst.  Jif has become my favorite peanut butter.  Before pregnancy I wasn't a huge fan of peanut butter, so I didn't really know the difference in the brands.  Now my love of peanut butter is more out of necessity than want, but Jif is where it's at.  I am now a loyal fan. 
 
Target's Merona Pants, 95% Cotton, 5% Spandex 
I suppose that I should really be thanking Spandex instead of these pants, but I LOVELOVELOVE these pants. I wanted to stay away from maternity clothes for as long as possible and I believe that these pants will have me covered (hehe, there's a pun) through my pregnancy and BEYOND.  They are so comfortable I feel guilty for wearing them.  I thought they may look too casual to wear to work, but they look great as dress pants.  I didn't mention the best part, they were only $14.99!  I have them in two colors and would have more if they still carried them.

Fans of all shapes and sizes
I have always been a lover of fans, since as far back as I can remember.  I have kept a stand fan in my living room throughout the summer.  Most of the time the air conditioner is sufficient for everyone but myself.  I move this fan around the house with me.  Into the bathroom if I am taking a hot bath, into the hallway if I am straightening my hair, into the dining room if I'm in there.  We have a ceiling fans in the bedrooms and the kitchen, and thank God we do.  My quality of life is greatly increased because of this.  I also keep a little fan at work, I call it my littlest fan.  I am constantly hot at work, no matter what the temperature.  I think my internal temperature is set on blazing sometimes  most of the time.
My husband
Dave has been my serious life line.  I consider myself beyond to lucky to call him mine.  There are more than a million reasons that I could give, but I'm keeping this short.  He and I are big kids at heart.  I am assuming (& hoping) that we'll remain this way.  I appreciate this quality he has.  He manages to keep a smile on my face.  He has also made me forget how to argue.  We handle obstacles as a team, and that makes life so much more enjoyable.  It really seems as though we've both been pregnant through all this.  He has gone to all but one doctor's visit, and been there for me the second that I need him whenever I call his name.  And he really seems to enjoy all of it. 

My Dogs
Jack & Lucy are truly part of our family.  They are the best dogs that I have ever had.  With them I was fine without children before; but now I believe that they'll be the best ever big brother & sister to Griffin.  For little dogs they love to relax.  This really compliments my love of naps.  During the day when it's just the three of us, all I have to do is look at them to smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment