Tuesday, July 21, 2009

TIMBER!

Pictures from the disappearing act of our much hated holly tree.

This is the tree before any cutting ensued. Remember, hollies are normally bushes--not trees.
During the cutting. I was feeling more and more liberated about our landscaping.
Almost there :)
Yay! No more holly tree. Our landscaping is a work in progress (so don't judge our lack of it). We plan on putting another tree, maybe a river birch or dark leaved plum, around where the holly was. You can't see it, but further to the right there are three lovely pink Crape Myrtles that now look a little lovelier. To the right of the door I want to do a flowering bush, maybe a hydrangea, and then spruce the flower bed up.

I no longer have nightmares of that tree taking over our home and family. I must thank my amazing husband and his beyond awesome parents. I swear, I have the best in-laws a girl could ever ask for.

1 comment:

  1. I totally don't blame you now for the holly tree obsession!!! I'm happy for you that it's finally down!

    ReplyDelete