Sunday, July 19, 2009

Just a Few Things

I woke up this morning with a hankering to write. The further along we get in this adventure, the more I want and have to share. If you haven’t figured it out by now, I am a pretty open book. In my head I have a million ideas/thoughts spinning around at a time, and most of the time I find it difficult to tell stories or jokes or even just sit and think about a single thing for more than a millisecond. To go ahead and warn you, this post will reflect my ADD.

Pre-pregnancy dog/animal pictures would catch my eye and I could spend too much time searching for cute ones. Since the hormones took over my brain, I just melt when I see adorable baby pictures. I can’t help myself; I just sit looking at the pictures ohh-ing andLink aww-ing. This morning I was browsing through the blog, A Cup of Jo, and found this, which made my heart smile.
Pictures like this almost bring me to tears now. The images that they play in my head make me so anxious to get our little Bean Sprout here. I’ve said a million times that I don’t really enjoy the being pregnant process, but I know that I can’t even begin to imagine how much love, devotion, and adoration that our baby is going to bring out of me. I can’t wait to be sleepy with him. I can’t wait to be his nourishment. I can’t wait for him to make best friends with the dogs, Jack and Lucy. I can’t wait to see his little fingers and toes and little lips and tiny nose. Even though I didn’t know this 6 months ago, I can’t wait to be his mom.

I have been going back and forth asking myself if I should or shouldn’t post what I will tell you next. But like I have already mentioned, I’m an open book. The subject: Bean Sprout’s legal name debacle. The verdict: ehh....pretty much almost kinda close to maybe having a real name. Let me remind you that if Bean Sprout were going to be a little girl, she would have already been named. I asked Dave, since he’s being the indecisive one, why this was. He said that he knew deep down that we weren’t having a girl so we didn’t have to drive ourselves nuts over if it was perfect or not (although it was), I’m not sure if I believe him. So, we’ve been stuck on one name for months and haven’t decided against it or even thought of anything else. I really like the name and it fits all of my stipulations for naming my child. Most of the time I already think of him as this, even though I haven’t referred to him by this name. I need to get out there before I tell you this name, that we haven’t “named” him yet. (Although, most likely this is it.) I am just going to start referring to him by this, and if our hearts change before he gets here, then we’ll go with something else. Are you ready? Griffin. If you see me on a regular basis you already knew this, but now it’s in writing. There is a middle name that I have a good feeling about, but we’re just going to start with the first name. I’m not sure if I’ll stop calling him Bean Sprout on here, it’s kind of already stuck.

There’s an exciting thing possibly happening today! When we bought our house there was one thing in particular that I already despised. It wasn’t a deal breaker, but I really really didn’t like it at all. On the side of our house we have a holly tree. Hollies shouldn’t be trees; they should be bushes. Sometimes I dream that I am in a terrible horror movie where that awful tree is taking over our house and ruining our lives in the process. It is ugly. The more I look at it, the uglier it gets. In a year it has seemed to grow exponentially, just as my hate for it has. We have talked and talked about cutting it down, but just haven’t got around to doing it. Yesterday our neighbor had a tree cutting service at his house cutting some of his larger trees down, and then another neighbor got them to cut one of his down. Dave wanted to go ask what they would charge to make our holly disappear, and I was willing to pay whatever they quoted even if I needed to get a second job to afford it. He finally decided against asking them, worried that he’d be too tempted to pay what would definitely be much more than doing it ourselves. What is worth more than all the money that a second job could have provided is the determination that he got to call his Dad and ask if he would mind helping do it today!!! Oh happy day! I’ll post before and after pictures later.

I should stop here. That’s enough for today.

P.S. Happy 6 months Griffin “Bean Sprout” Jeffers! We’re almost there.

No comments:

Post a Comment