Monday, October 26, 2009
In the last week I've experienced lots and lots of changes, some of which I could have lived without. This swelling crap is for the birds. I feel water logged--everything is so so so heavy. I've adjusted my chacos to fit my growing ogre feet, but my feet continue to grow. My ankles and knees feel like they could burst at any minute. At certain times in the day it's a task just to use my hands. One body part I didn't mind swelling was my lips. A friend of mine asked if I had been using lip plumper, and I was super happy to tell him that they were completely natural. I've even thought about sporting some lip stick, which I never do. However it's harder to notice my poufy lips now because my nose has swelled too. I've heard stories of pregnancy nose, and I've hoped that I wouldn't fall victim to it. If you haven't ever payed much attention to my normal nose, I'll describe it for you. It's wide and round. Now, it's even wider and rounder. Hopefully this won't stick around for every long.
This past Friday I was experiencing some mystery symptoms that landed me at the doctor. I was having some cramps and contractions and intense back pain that I hadn't yet experienced. Instead of seeing Dr. B, I saw someone else in the office. She told me that I had dialated 1 1/2 cm. Woohoo! These feelings were actually something going on inside me. She also explained that this didn't necessarily tell me when Griffin was coming, but did say that I was favorable to induce. This got me a little giddy, to say the least. BUT at yesterday's appointment Dr. B said that as of right then, he would not say that I was inducible. Wah wah waaaahh.... But this didn't mean that I wouldn't be there at my following appointment. Then he talked to me about C-sections. Originally I had said that I did NOT want a C-section, but I realized that I had very little knowledge of the pros and cons. After talking with a couple of people who experienced them, I realized that it wasn't what I was thinking. I also realized that there was a chance of me needing a C-section existed regardless of if I was scheduled or not. I thought and thought and thought and then called the doctor. G-Day is now October the 28th! I do have an appointment with Dr. B the Tuesday before where we will decided our final game plan. Just at this point, all I can think about is meeting my Griffin.