Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Seven Months



I have taken quite the hiatus from blogging.  I missed it dearly but now I'm back with a vengeance!  Enough about me though, I have a baby to tell you about.

Griffin turned seven months old at the end of May, and he has continued to surprise me daily.  (Some of the fun stuff I'm saving for later, but I'll give you a good idea of what was new from six to seven months.)  He is quite the little chunk, or as I like to say he's a substantial baby.  He's tipping the scales at about 19 lbs.  As seen in the picture, his head is now out growing his body (but in the cutest way possible).  He's stilling fitting into his 3-6 month clothes and wears a size 3 diaper.

He started eating finger foods, as in, he's eating Cheerios.  His doctor, as well as the AAP, suggested trying out some finger foods.  He didn't get the hang of green beans and the like at first, but he sure was a fan of Cheerios.  His new favorite game became Chase the Cheerio.  Grabbing the little pieces didn't come easy, but he knew he wanted to.  He is a fantastic eater and we haven't found a food he dislikes.

He loves to play and really enjoys knocking blocks over, banging around things he can get a good grasp on, and slapping away at his keyboard.  Right at seven months he started sitting like a pro.  It was like one day he was still a little wobbly, then he's just sitting there like there's nothing to it.  Funny how they do that.  Once he learned to sit, he was very happy just doing that.  He no longer really cared much about crawling around.  If a toy was away from him, he would reach as far as he could to get it but if he couldn't he'd make a bit of noise for you to get it for him.  I swear, he'd sit for hours.

Unfortunately he (and me) caught a stomach bug and we experienced the saddest thing of parenting thus far.  He started vomiting and didn't stop for about four hours.  It was terrible.  Thankfully I was at my in-laws' and had help all around, making it much less stressful for me.  One thing I did learn was that Griffin has the saddest sad face EVER.  He's not a super smiley, laugh all the time baby.  He's usually rocking the stoic cool man face, but goodness, I have never seen a face that screamed HELP ME so loudly.  It was a rough evening (especially for Dave, who fortunately miss the boat on this stomach bug), but we made it through and the next morning fared much much better for Griffin.  Me, not so much.  It kept kicking me while I was down for nearly a week, I digress.  Another thing that I learned:  spit up is NOT vomit.  That's as far as I'm going with the details.

All in all, we are reminded daily that we have a very content little baby.  I love to watch him sit and stare and just soak everything in.  Makes me want to slow down and do the very same thing.  I'm beyond lucky to be his mom, he really is the icing on my (cup)cake.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, parallel lives!! Elle and I got a killer stomach bug, projectile… If was after a baby shower where I helped with the food, so I am positive most think I gave them food poisoning. Guess, I won’t be asked to do the food again! My only proof it wasn’t food poisoning was that it was two days after the shower as well Colby, three different neighbors and a one co-worker… I agree with you spit up is not the same as vomit! Can't believe how big Griffin is getting! Great pictures as well!

    ReplyDelete