Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Better than my Birthday





This Sunday was seriously a perfect day.  Dave and Griffin made me feel so special, loved, and appreciated the entire day.  I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a wonderful husband AND a perfect little baby too, but I am forever grateful.  That makes my job title of "Mom" a lot easier and more enjoyable than I ever could have imagined.  We celebrated from the minute I woke up till the minute I went to bed, making my birthday pale in comparison.
Griffin gave me the most heartfelt card, then took it back to chomp on. 

Meanwhile Dave was making cream cheese and strawberry stuffed french toast for brunch, since I got to sleep in a bit.
Griffin did a great job keeping me entertained while Dave cooked.  He even got to eat a little applesauce brunch too.
He was such a nut during breakfast.  He would giggle as the spoon neared his face and when he had a mouthful.  That alone made my day.
After brunch we played in the sunshine.  It felt amazing, a little on the cool side but warm in the sun.  Just how I like it.  Griffin even sat up by himself to play with his toys.

After eating an awesome brunch, then playing outside, we did the next best thing and took a nap.  The windows were open, a breeze coming through, and birds chirping.  It seriously could not have been any better.  
After the nap we packed up and went to visit my Nana to give lots of hugs and kisses.  Afterwards we went to a Chinese restaurant that we used to live near.  Yumm!  It seemed like I was trying to outdo myself in calories that day, but it was worth it!  Griffin managed to sleep through our entire dinner--he's so considerate.  

The weather was too nice not to take advantage of it, so we took a stroll downtown.  We went across the newly opened walking bridge into the art district, probably my most favorite part of this city.  Looked at the sculptures and took lots of pictures.  I just wished I would have left a little room to have a latte from Rembrant's....but there's always next time.  


I will always remember my first Mother's Day.  Every day I appreciate the gift of motherhood, but it sure was fun getting to celebrating it.  There really is nothing better than being Griffin's mom.  

2 comments:

  1. I actually thought about you on mother's day. Figured you'd do something cute, I'm never wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's day! That is hilarious we had the same breakfast! Looks like you had an awesome day! The weather here is getting warmer ranging between 56-65 degrees.

    ReplyDelete