Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bon Appétit Baby

Griffin turns 6 months old today so I spent last night making a small stash of baby food for him.  I suppose we'll start letting him eat food now...oh how did this come so soon?  My goal is to make as much of G's baby food as possible.  Since I stay at home and try to make most of what we eat, why not make what he's eating too?  I have got advice from friends who are also doing this, which I am abundantly thankful for, because I was clueless.  My blog pal advised that I visit Wholesome Baby Food and it was super helpful.


I started with sweet potatoes, sweet peas, mango, pears.  The whole process was easy peasy, the hardest part was keeping myself from eating it all.  


We went from this:
To this:

I'm not finished, but I feel good about my start.  Now if I can just keep up the momentum.  

*Griffin has had a few bites of food in the last couple of weeks.  He attempted to try avocado but I ended up eating it.  He LOVED bananas and he's had a few bites of mashed potatoes and green beans.  


1 comment: